Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tree planting at Loch Garry


Tree planting at Loch Garry.

Tree planting at Loch Garry started back in 1974, when Ron Greer got off his butt and started planting in order to improve the environment. Whilst most of us talk about improving the environment, Ron just got on with it. I take my hat off to him!


Loch Garry tree planting.

The walk along the Loch is enhanced by the trees which provide shelter for insects, birds and small mammals.


Duinish Bothy Loch Garry.

Duinish Bothy, beyond the end of Loch Garry provides very comfortable accommodation. It is open to all and free courtesy of the Mountain Bothies Association.


Yours truly at Loch Garry.

After a night in Duinish Bothy, I had the misfortune to fall and both break and dislocate, my collar-bone. That maybe explains the grimace in the photo. Thanks to Doug for carrying my rucksack out! Still, it was a great walk through from Loch Rannoch!

No comments: